Decadent Swiss Chocolate Mousse and Raspberry Coulis
- 105 grams of granulated sugar
- 6 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/3 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 30 ML of your favorite Vodka
- Mix Eggs and sugar in a double boiler until combined.
- move to a mixer and whip together till it becomes fluffy and you can form peaks
- melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler until you have a liquid consistency turn off the heat and fold in the chocolate to the eggs and sugar. Folding is a slower process than mixing as you want to make sure you have an airy and fluffy mousse.
- lastly once combined fold in the vodka and place the mousse in desired mold or cups. (Champagne flutes are a cute touch.)
For the Raspberry Coulis
- 2 packs of fresh raspberries
- 4 oz of powdered sugar
- 1/2 lime (juice only)Instructions;
- strain powdered sugar over the raspberries in a bowl.
- add lime juice and mix together.Place the raspberry mix over the mousse and enjoy!Recipe by Chef Vadivel Raju